Saturday, 6 December 2014

Lekala Pattern-ing

Wow, it's the weekend!

I've started a new job which I am absolutely loving, but because of that I haven't had a proper weekend for at least a few weeks. Now, I am planning on relishing this weekend like nothing else and what does that mean? Hey baby, let's get creative!!

I have bought (though at those prices, it feels like stealing!) a personalised patterned for skirt 5048 from Lekala, who I have never used before, but I am very excited about this! I found this incredible (felted?) wool fabric in the Cloth Shop in Edinburgh about a month ago, and knew immediately that it would make an incredible winter skirt.
Wowawowee, don't ask the price (because a. I don't remember
and b. I remember it being sliiiightly more than I would normally
spend on fabric!)
I normally wear skirts, especially for my new job, and all through winter skirts and dresses with tights are my go-to outfit. I see this fabric becoming a kind of short, 60s style, but we'll see what happens. I am planning on lining it as well, because the wool would just stick to any tights, and also I love a lined skirt!

As my current knitting pattern, the Anemone, is coming to an end (well, just the bottom ribbing and the sleeves to do...so almost done, yeah?) I'm planning my next. I've loved knitting Anemone, but it has pushed me almost to the point of quitting so I am looking forward to making something simpler. Please welcome the Cable Plait Hottie Cover (snappy title...) from Erika Knight's Simple Knitting. I have just ordered the Debbie Bliss Eco Fairtrade Cotton from Serenity Knitting, the first time I've ever used this site, but my normal go-to (Love Knitting) doesn't have this particular wool available, and I love it. I've chosen the Corn colourway, but I am worried as normally I would go for something brighter. I'm knitting Anemone in bright orange so it might be calming to work in a more relaxing colour! We'll see...


I am excited about all this! I've also been making a masquerade mask for my brother, and I'm almost finished a knitting bag for my sister's birthday. I'll write about it when it's completely finished, but in the meantime, here's a wee sneak preview (it's okay, she's already been gifted it ;)

And that's all from me just now, I still have tonnes of projects to be photographed and written about. I am really enjoying all the crafts that I am undertaking at the moment and am feeling much more comfortable in what I'm wearing. As a tall person I have sometimes been a bit too inclined to try to merge with the crowd, but I am really enjoying dressing for my shape and finding greater freedom in what I can make and wear now...Hooray! It's all good.

What have you been making recently, and do you find being able to make your own clothes makes it easier to follow your own style?

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment