Sunday, 11 January 2015

Sewn Top

Howdy all! How about a wee summer top to brighten up these dull, dark days?!

I can't remember exactly when I did this, though the newspaper I used as a template does offer some kinda clue! It was after the 8th of September. Now, even though we in Scotland had an incredibly warm September, I could not say that I've had a lot of wear out of this top!

It's from a fantastic book of mine: Made by Hand by Lena Corwin and this top was the first thing I have made from the book. Most projects are really attractive though so I am sure there will be more!
I french seamed it and took care to match the pattern at the edges. It's not perfect, but good enough for me at the moment (not sure what that even means...I am sure not taking it apart to get it even better!) and apart from the top of one armhole not matching (whoops) I am pretty pleased!
It's made out of beautiful printed linen. I can't remember the name of the maker, but at the time I did try to find it online and couldn't. I think it's going to wear beautifully though. I love the colours and the feel of the top, although it is very voluminous, but it's a silhouette that I'm starting to like more and more!

Overall, a simple top to make that I am going to really enjoy when it gets a bit warmer again!

Have any of you made some very unseasonal clothing recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment