Sunday, 14 February 2016

Battersea Cotton Top

Long time no speak!

I've not been idle, but somehow this blog has been. Today, however, I'd like to introduce you to Battersea. A wonderful cotton top from Valerie Miller, and my first gansey pattern.

I used Knit One Crochet Two's Second Time Cotton, an eco-cotton that is made using cotton leftovers from factory floors. I must say I was deeply impressed. It was a lovely cotton to knit with, and has given the garment a lovely heaviness that enables it to transcend the seasons.

This is, I think, my most accomplished knit to date. I wouldn't change a thing. The gansey pattern was completely addictive and I loved seeing the patterns emerging. The raglan sleeve increases are neat, as is the twisted rib at the neck, sleeves and bottom.

I did make a mistake and knit the entire bottom band in inside out twisted rib, so the twist was on the inside. I took it back, because I decided that it was something that would bother me and I'm so glad I did!

I think there are lots more options with this pattern, especially with the potential of adding long sleeves to make it a winter jumper.

Thanks for the great pattern, Valerie and thank you for reading!! What do you think: would you knit the Battersea?

Ravelry notes here

No comments:

Post a Comment